If you are wondering why you should choose asphalt for your paving material, read on! Below are some reasons why your local asphalt paving contractor in Phoenix, AZ recommends you use this type of material.
Why asphalt pavement?
Take a look at your driveway or parking lot. What condition is it in? How these surfaces look says a lot about you. It can bring down the property value in your neighborhood, or send the wrong message to your customers, so it makes sense that a well-paved, crack- and damage-free surface is beneficial all around, from safety to curb appeal to meeting code requirements. Asphalt is an excellent, cost-effective paving material that performs great, especially when compared to other, more expensive paving options.
Good reasons to choose asphalt
Paving experts know you have options, but asphalt is considered to be the material of choice. Asphalt looks good, is long-lasting and is generally low maintenance. Here are a few good reasons why asphalt is such a brilliant choice:
- Durability: When properly and regularly maintained, asphalt can last anywhere from 15 to 30 years. However, the lifespan of an asphalt surface depends on a few factors like weather conditions, level of care and traffic volume. As far as the elements go, water is the most threatening to asphalt pavement, which is why regular maintenance is so important. To preserve the integrity of the asphalt, fill potholes and treat other damaged areas as soon as you notice them.
- Cost effective: Asphalt is an affordable material because it’s simple to produce. In many cases, lower-cost materials are also of lower quality, but this is not true of asphalt! It offers a great value at a lower price.
- Versatility: This paving material allows for smooth construction and a thickness that works for any surface paving job. Therefore, any pavement project can benefit from the versatility of asphalt. Each layer of asphalt attaches to the underlying layers to form a consistent paved surface, and each layer has effective load carrying capacity, which can substantially increase the lifespan of your surface. Want stronger pavement? More layers typically mean it can handle more weight.
- Eco-friendly: Many homeowners and commercial building owners these days are looking to property improvement companies for eco-friendly options. Jump on the internet to educate yourself and you will notice just how easy it is to find out what materials are the most eco-friendly to use. Green paving methods are popular, and are necessary in order to help our planet be healthy. When it comes to asphalt, you’ll be happy to know that it’s a material that can be recycled many times over and reclaimed for all sorts of paving projects.
- Low maintenance: Asphalt is strong and rather resistant to deterioration, and can remain that way with regular care and maintenance. Asphalt doesn’t require a lot of attention—just make repairs, fill cracks, apply sealcoating in a timely fashion and sweep away debris on a regular basis.
Want to learn more? Call Sunstar Seal Coating, Inc. to speak with a knowledgeable asphalt paving contractor in Phoenix, AZ today!
This post was written by Writer