When you put money into paving your parking lot with asphalt, you want to make sure you get the most out of the investment. By far the best way to keep your asphalt healthy is to sealcoat it. This increases the life of your parking lot and keeps its surface healthier, meaning people, vehicles and property are far less likely to be damaged, which minimizes your liability risk as a business owner. It may sound silly, but someone tripping in a pothole is a pretty common start to a civil lawsuit.
Here are all the most important things to know about asphalt sealcoating in Phoenix, AZ:
- Keeps your asphalt clean: Sealcoating helps keep your asphalt clean. It prevents your asphalt from absorbing liquid, including gas and oil. Water penetration is one of the most common causes of asphalt cracking, and when gas and oil penetrate your asphalt, they are pushed to the surface when it rains, suddenly making your parking lot slick. Sealcoating also creates a smooth seal atop the asphalt that makes it really easy to clean debris from your asphalt with a push broom or a leaf blower.
- Reduces cracking: The biggest cause of stress to asphalt is probably the weather. Freeze/thaw cycles and intense moisture can both cause issues such as cracking in your asphalt. The second leading cause of cracking is probably the sheer amount of traffic the asphalt gets. In both cases, it’s the expansion and contraction of the asphalt that creates the issues. Sealcoating protects against this.
- Protects from oxidation: When asphalt oxidizes from the penetration of oxygen and UV radiation, it becomes brittle. Once the oxidation spreads, the brittleness turns into an accelerated deterioration, and you lose years from the life of your asphalt. Sealcoating protects from the penetration of air, liquid and UV radiation, adding to the life of the asphalt beneath.
- More attractive asphalt: When you sealcoat your asphalt, it looks new again—an expanse of dark black. A lot of business owners make the mistake of patching their asphalt, and then forgoing the step of sealcoating it. Then they have all these very obvious unattractive patches all over the place on their asphalt. Sealcoating after your patch job helps your asphalt function and look good as new.
- Extends the life of your asphalt: If you perform patching and sealcoating every three to five years, you should greatly extend the life of your asphalt. This represents an enormous savings over the lifetime of your asphalt. All in all, the value of seal coating is clear. It’s going to save you money, it’s going to save you liability, it’s going to save you time and it’s going to help keep your business looking its very best!
We’ve been performing asphalt sealcoating in Phoenix, AZ for the past 13 years. In that time, we’ve extended the life of many businesses’ asphalt parking lots by providing routine maintenance and sealcoating. If you’d like to learn more about how Sunstar Seal Coating, Inc. can help your business, or if you are in the market for exterior asphalt or concrete services, please give us a call today. We have a reputation for being fast, honest and fair—exactly what you’d expect from a family-owned and operated business. Get in touch to learn more!
Categorised in: Sealcoating
This post was written by Writer