Five Projects for Your Asphalt Paving Contractor
There are just some things in life that go unnoticed for years until they become an issue. This could be the fire extinguisher tucked away in the closet or the garage door that has reliably opened for years. The same goes for roads. Drivers go about their lives and hardly notice the asphalt passing underneath the wheels of their vehicle until they strike a major pothole or are jostled as they stumble over a large crack.
Most people fail to realize just how crucial a role asphalt paving plays in many common day-to-day situations, though. Asphalt is all around you, from driveways to parking lots and roads. Not only does it play a vital role, but well-maintained asphalt can actually also enhance the exterior of a property and increase its overall curb appeal.
Embrace the benefits of asphalt with one of these five projects for your asphalt paving contractor in Phoenix, AZ:
- Driveway: Opting for an asphalt driveway over concrete can be a money-saving move. Asphalt driveways are typically cheaper to construct than concrete ones. Plus, the paving time is significantly shorter. The asphalt mixture has proven to be durable to the daily wear and tear of vehicles, which means lower long-term costs overall, as it requires minimal maintenance.
- Parking lot: Asphalt parking lots are well suited for the extremely hot temperatures found in the Phoenix area. Most asphalt parking lots have a lifespan of approximately 20 years, with regular maintenance and periodic repaving to keep it looking and functioning great. The repaving process is cost effective because only the top layer is repaved, as the base and middle layer are permanent.
- Private entrances: Dirt roads can be a hassle. The dust can quickly accumulate on your vehicle, leaving it looking dirty. Dust kicked up into the air can also have adverse health effects, such as triggering asthma attacks or hurting the eyes. Paving a private drive is a simple, yet effective way to increase the overall property value and curb appeal. Best of all, it produces less dirt and mud.
- Recreation: Asphalt can be used for a variety of recreational purposes, including running tracks, playgrounds, walking paths, bicycle trails and basketball courts. Many suppliers carry asphalt using a mixture of rubber and other materials to soften the impact for surfaces like running tracks.
- Home RV or boat storage: Asphalt is a much better choice for storing your RV or boat than gravel. Rot is a major concern for those looking to store their weekend warrior gear during the week or the offseason. Any moisture in contact with the wheels or bottom of the vessel can result in rot. Asphalt pavement is less susceptible to the elements. Moisture cannot penetrate its surface, which means rot is no longer a concern.
Ready for an estimate on asphalt for your next project? Then call the professionals at Sunstar Seal Coating, Inc. today to learn more about our asphalt paving services. We’re a longtime asphalt paving contractor in Phoenix, AZ with the experience and knowledge necessary to get your job done right.
Categorised in: Asphalt Paving
This post was written by Writer