Five Important Benefits of Asphalt Sealcoating You Shouldn’t Ignore
Asphalt driveways have a number of advantages over other types of paved surfaces. One potential downfall, however, is that homeowners with asphalt driveways have to pay to get them sealcoated every few years. Sealcoating has tons of advantages, though, and this post will cover a few of the reasons to hire a crew for sealcoating in Phoenix, AZ today:
- Prevents fading: The sun’s harmful rays, along with rain and other elements, will eventually turn that dark, rich asphalt into a gray and shoddy-looking driveway. Though the gray driveway might not have any defects, it certainly doesn’t look good in front of your house. Sealcoating helps your asphalt retain its dark color for longer.
- Moisture protection: Heavy rains take a toll on many aspects of your property, and your driveway is no exception. Too much rain can erode the subsurface of your asphalt, leaving it with cracks or potholes. The best way to prevent this from happening is by sealcoating your driveway every few years.
- Sun shielding: The sun’s UV rays and brutal heat do more than just fade the color—they can actually crack the surface over time. We can’t do anything about the sun beating down on your driveway, but we can at least protect it for a little while by sealcoating it. Sealcoating adds an extra layer of protection that’s necessary for our hot Arizona summers.
- Protects against leaks and spills: Fluid leaks from cars are common, especially with older models. Though it might not seem like the end of the world, oil and other vehicle fluids cause long-term damage to asphalt. Sealcoating prevents the fluids from seeping down into the asphalt, and it also makes the fluids easier to wash away.
- Reduces repair costs: Sealcoating isn’t free, but it’s a lot cheaper than fixing the cracks and potholes that are the result of constant sun and rain. Sealcoating every couple of years may even be able to eliminate the need for repairs, as long as you hire the right team for the job!
Is it time for sealcoating?
You know sealcoating in Phoenix, AZ is important, but do you know if it’s time to have your driveway sealcoated? Here are a few ways to identify when it’s time to call a pro:
- Cracking: All of those cracks on the surface don’t look so great, and they can lead to bigger problems in the long run. Instead of patching the cracks as they appear, have the surface sealcoated.
- Oil damage: Again, those oil spots on your driveway are hurting your property’s appearance and are slowly damaging the asphalt. The only way to treat these dark stains is by having your asphalt sealcoated as soon as possible.
- It’s been a while: The frequency at which you need sealcoating depends on a variety of factors. However, most experts recommend having it done every three to five years. If it’s been that long, call our team to get a service quote!
With cooler temperatures outside, now is a great time for sealcoating in Phoenix, AZ! Call Sunstar Seal Coating, Inc. today to set up an appointment to have your driveway sealcoated.
Categorised in: Sealcoating
This post was written by Writer