Generally speaking, you should not make life more difficult than necessary. Sometimes, what seems to be an anyone-can-do-it project is actually a DIY disaster in the making. This is the basis of why you should hire a paving contractor in Phoenix, AZ rather than outsourcing it to the lowest bidder or first volunteer. Here are five reasons to go with the professional:
- Saves time: If you are a business owner, chances are you want your parking lot available sooner rather than later. Also, those cracks, faded lines and potholes are not exactly appealing. Hiring a paving professional ensures that the job will be done quickly and right the first time. They will also complete the dirty work of disposing of old pavement and sweep up nicely when done. You do not have this guarantee when you hire just anyone.
- Saves money: The last thing you need is to hire yet another contractor after the first one makes mistakes. This is why the low prices of unlicensed labor are misleading—there are no warranties, guarantees or contractor bonds. If something goes wrong, you are on your own. Also avoid the temptation of making this a do-it-yourself project. It will take you longer, and that will be time not spent on leisure or business activities. A contractor will charge you for the requisite skill and labor, but you will not be losing money on mistakes or substandard work.
- Aesthetic value: You are not going to end a DIY attempt with an attractive driveway or parking lot. The results offered by experienced contractors are more attractive, and your paved areas will actually look fresh and new. Not only that, but the work will last longer.
- ADA compliance: The area of ADA compliance is a subject of study on its own. Commercial parking lots must follow strict guidelines, and failure to do so results in fines and future liability. A skilled parking lot contractor knows these guidelines better and will paint in the correct number of accessible spots and be sure they are wide enough for vans and ramps. There is a good chance that guidelines have changed since the last time you paved and painted your lot. Hiring this project out to someone experienced ensures you’re in compliance.
- Reduced liability: You can be sued for violating the ADA, but your potential trouble with the parking lot does not end there. Shabby work that results in uneven pavement and early wear and tear risks slip and fall injuries. This quickly becomes an insurance nightmare, and before long, the money you saved by hiring substandard help is now going toward larger insurance premiums. This is not limited to business owners, either—homeowners can also face lawsuits if someone is injured on their walkways and driveways. Keep these areas safe and hire a professional.
Let’s face it—the last thing you want to do in the Arizona summer is your own paving. Sunstar Seal Coating, Inc. is a family owned and operated paving contractor in Phoenix, AZ, and we are ready to help you. Contact us today to schedule an estimate.
Categorised in: Paving Contractor
This post was written by Writer