If you have a driveway or a parking lot to take care of, then you likely already know that regular maintenance is essential to preserving its integrity. Paved surfaces can deteriorate just like anything else, especially in the harsh temperatures that we regularly experience here in the Southwest.
Seal coating is one of the easiest and simplest ways to maintain your surfaces. While it won’t fix issues like cracks or potholes that have already appeared, adding a thin liquid layer over your existing pavement can help you nip issues in the bud.
Read on to learn more about the benefits of seal coating and how it can keep your driveway in top shape:
- Prolongs the life of asphalt: Asphalt pavement can break down over time for a myriad of reasons. Freezing and thawing cycles, rain, extreme heat, UV rays and even fluids from vehicles: All can cause pavement to take a beating. Seal coating is what can prevent this damage. By applying a fresh topping, you’re protecting the valuable material below. Things like oil especially can’t penetrate this layer, and your asphalt will stay viable for longer.
- Improves aesthetics: One of the underrated seal coating benefits is that it just makes your driveway or parking lot look sharper. A coat of fresh black material over the surface can make your business especially stand out to customers. It shows that you care about the property and that you’ll, in turn, care about your business.
- Helps with cleaning: If your surface is smooth and consistent, then it becomes much easier to keep clean. Leaves and grass clippings are much less likely to get hung up on jagged and irregular pavement than on fresh new surfaces.
- Reduces vehicle impact: Obviously, cars and trucks will drive on your pavement—that’s the whole point! But their weight can really leave a mark over the years. Cars driving over the same material over and over makes the flexible asphalt expand and contract—and, eventually, crack. Water can then make its way into these cracks and make them worse and worse, even in the absence of freezing temperatures. A seal coating benefit is that it’ll stop this destructive process before it begins by never allowing the cracks to form in the first place.
- Extends lifespans: When customers ask us, “What is seal coating?” we usually keep our answer simple: It’s a quick and inexpensive process that gives your pavement a new look and extends its lifespan. Putting in new asphalt is expensive and labor-intensive. It’s best to protect your investment through regular maintenance rather than relying on major projects that will drain your wallet.
All in all, seal coating benefits are obvious. The process doesn’t take long, doesn’t cost that much and offers you a new layer of protection. Sunstar Seal Coating, Inc. has been in this business for over 15 years, and we have the equipment, personnel and expertise to make your next seal coating project a cinch. Call us today for an estimate, and let’s get to work!
Categorised in: Sealcoating
This post was written by Writer